- Hair must be securely tied back and away from the face for all classes
- no chewing gum
- no dangling earrings
Students may wear loose fitting clothes, or body suits with tights, socks or ballet shoes for ballet, tap shoes for tap and clean dry sneakers for hip hop. Please label everything and put in a bag for your student to carry. Black tap shoes must have elastic buckles sewed or a regular buckle.
Elementary age and above:
Ballet and Contemporary:
- Black solid color leotard
- pink tights
- classic ballet shoes
- A ballet skirt cover up, leg warmers/arms warmers, and ballet sweaters will be permitted. Hoodies, Sweatshirts and T-shirts will not be permitted.
Hip Hop, Tap, & Clogging:
- Dance or workout type clothing is permitted, but NO SHORTS. Pants must cover knees because of floor work.
- Tap shoes need to be black for class and performances.
- Those with 2 years or more tap experience need Bloch tap shoes.
- In the past, clogging shoes have been tap shoes that have been converted into double taps by the instructor.
- black leotard
- pink convertible tights
- a warm up outfit consisting of leggings and a ballet sweater w/ ¾ sleeves. Black shrugs may also be worn for this class.
- We will work barefoot and in our ballet shoes
Profane language will not be tolerated. Please treat other dancers and instructor with respect.
All children will be encouraged to keep hydrated during class, so please send them with a water bottle labeled with their name to class each week.
PEANUT BUTTER, NUTS, and AVOCADOS are NOT PERMITTED TO BE EATEN WHILE AT DANCE.
Snack time is offered in the girls who dance more than 2 hours during dinner times. Students will not be permitted to be on their phones or take pictures or videos during class unless permission is granted from your teachers.
Parents will not be permitted inside the instruction area during class. It is not only a distraction to the children but also to me. On occasion I will open the doors so that you may observe what your child is learning. There is also a window in the door that you may peak in if you would like to watch. You may wait in the back of our church auditorium, cry room, downstairs in the nursery or you may run errands to the many stores located near the church building.
Please be aware that we have many people working in our building during the hours that the classes are being held, so I am asking that you don’t allow younger children to roam the building unsupervised. Let’s work together to be courteous and clean up any mess your children make.
Soul Steps Dance Company
Calvary Baptist Church
101 Caruthers Lane